Ask many people plus they’ll say they climbed up having yellow cake for their birthdays. It is essentially a vanilla cake made with additional egg yolk that makes the cake packed with a flavor that is super. It is much better than vanilla cake and pairs perfectly with thick, fudgy chocolate icing. It’s among the best cake recipes after peanut butter and jelly.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 1 Hour 55 Minutes
Servings: 8 People
INGREDIENTS for this easy cake recipe:
FOR THE CAKE:
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 c. (2 sticks) butter softened
- 1 c. Granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. Packed brown sugar
- 2 Large eggs, plus 6 egg yolks
- 2 tsp. Pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 c. Milk
FOR THE FROSTING:
- 1 c. (2 sticks) melted butter
- 3 c. Powdered sugar
- 1 c. Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 c. Heavy cream
- 1 tsp. Pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of kosher salt
Instructions for Yellow Cake Recipe from the Scratch:
- Put a rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350°, F.
- Lightly grease your selection of pans: one 9 x 13 pan, two 8 or 9 round cake pans, or the wells of two muffin tins. You may also line the muffin tins with newspapers, and lightly grease the inside of the newspapers with non-stick spray.
- Beat together the butter, sugar, baking powder, salt, and vanilla, scraping the bottom and sides of the bowl as necessary, until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes on high speed of an electric mixer.
- Add the eggs two at a time, beating the batter well and scraping the bowl between each addition, until completely combined and the dough is thickened.
- Stir in half the flour, then each the milk, followed by the remainder of the flour, scraping the bowl after each addition. Mix until combined. The batter will look curdled following the milk addition that is Okay, it is going to come back together once the remainder of the flour is added.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans, spreading it flat.
- Bake the cake until golden brown, 40 to frothy five minutes for a 9 x 13 pan, 36 to 42 minutes for 9 pans, 38 to 44 minutes for 2 pans, or 24 to half an hour for cupcakes. The middle of the cake must feel firm when lightly pressed, and a toothpick inserted into the middle should come out clean or with only a few moist crumbs.
- Remove the cake from the oven. Let it to cool completely in the pan, then loosen the edges with a knife and carefully remove from the pan. Let the cupcakes to cool in the pans for 5-10 minutes, then turn onto the rack to cool completely.
Easy cake recipes and suggestions from our Bakers:
- Explore teaspoons to tablespoon conversions to save your time and be accurate.
- It is best to make this cake. A hand mixer will probably work as well, but be cautious not to overbeat the batter.
- For a spice cake: Add 1 tablespoon of chai spice and steep your favorite black tea at the milk, if desired.
- For an ivory cake: Replace the four eggs with 8 egg whites and then add 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar.
- In case you’d like your cake comparable in feel to a store purchased yellow cake mix, we advocate substituting 1/4 cup vegetable oil for 1/4 cup of the butter called for in the recipe. This may make an exceptionally tender and soft cake with the damp, gold yellow crumb of cake mix cakes we’ve come to know and love.
- To all the food lovers, Discover Zomato